One of my favorite things to bake is quick bread. Quick breads are basically just what they sound like…breads that are quick and easy to throw together, but obviously delicious too. Everyone usually always goes to the traditional banana bread, but there are so many other options out there! I think this apple cinnamon bread fits all the criteria for a perfect quick bread. It is sweet, fruity, satisfying enough to eat for dessert, and healthy enough to eat for breakfast.
I used a combination of almond and oat flours in this bread because they give it a really nice, hearty, robust, and nutty flavor that compliments the pieces of apple perfectly. If you haven’t noticed, I use almond and oat flours the most in my recipes. They’re two of my favorites because they are both very easy to find in grocery stores, they are super nutritious, and they are versatile enough to go in almost any baked good.
You’ll be amazed at how delicious this bread is…no one would ever guess it is gluten free, dairy free, and made without refined sugars! I love enjoying this bread so many ways…plain, or spread with almond butter, peanut butter, apple butter, you name it!
Happy baking! xoxo
1 ½ cups almond flour
1 ½ cups oat flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
⅓ cup apple butter
¼ cup melted coconut oil
⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup agave (or other liquid sweetener, like honey or maple syrup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium-sized apple, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, xanthan, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the apple butter, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, agave and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet and whisk just until combined.
- Fold the peeled and diced apple into the batter.
- Pour batter into load pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.