I’ve been on such a lemon kick lately! I originally made this recipe for one of my friends because her fave dessert is lemon bars and I knew she would love a veganized version. To be honest, I was totally shocked at how good these came out. I’m used to the traditional lemon bar with a filling made with eggs, but I broke away from that and went with a creamy version for this recipe. The recipe really couldn’t be any better…these bars are light, creamy, fluffy, fresh, agave-sweetened, gluten free, paleo, vegan and crazy easy to make. WHAT MORE COULD ANYONE ASK FOR?! Seriously perfect, guys.
Happy baking! xoxo
1 ½ cups almond flour
¼ cup grapeseed oil
3 tbsp agave
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅛ tsp salt
1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
7 tbsp agave
4 tbsp coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together all crust ingredients and press the mixture evenly on the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Bake crust for 20 minutes and let cool.
- To make the filling, scoop out only the thick cream from the coconut milk can and get rid of the rest of it. Whip it until light and fluffy.
- Add agave and zest and juice from the lemon to the coconut cream and whip again until combined.
- Melt the coconut just until it is loose and stir-able, but not hot. Fold this into the rest of the filling mixture.
- Spread the filling evenly on the cooled crust and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Once set, cut into bars and store leftovers in the fridge.