Are you ready for the most perfect gluten free and dairy free brownie recipe of all time? Either way, it’s here. This recipe makes brownies that are crazy moist, slightly chewy, a teensy bit crispy on the edges, and filled with dark chocolate. The brownies are sweetened with a mix of medjool dates, coconut sugar and agave. It may seem excessive to use three different sweeteners, but trust me it will be worth it once you take your first bite. I have truly come to appreciate medjool dates as a sweetener in baked goods – I don’t know what I would do without them anymore! Medjool dates are loaded with natural sugars and potassium. Their sweetness blends into almost any flavor, plus they add an intense amount of moisture to any baked good.
After experimenting for so long to find the best gluten and dairy free brownie recipe, I finally feel like I accomplished it. I hope you love this recipe just as much as I do!
2 oz. unsweetened dark chocolate
½ cup pitted, packed medjool dates
⅓ cup coconut oil
¼ cup agave
¾ cup almond flour
½ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup raw cacao powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp espresso powder (optional)
- Grease a 9 x 9-inch square baking pan with coconut oil. If you want slightly thicker brownies, use an 8 x 8-inch pan. Preheat oven to 350⁰
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Process dates in a food processor to form a paste. Add melted chocolate and oil and pulse until combined. Set aside.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, agave, and date mixture.
- Sift dry mixture into wet mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for about 30-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (will be on the longer side if you used the smaller pan).