These cookies are exactly what you need to satisfy a chocolate craving! The dough is super chocolatey itself, with big dark chocolate chips and chunks of walnut throughout. Plus, they are made with good-for-you almond and brown rice flours! As always, these cookies are gluten free and can easily be made dairy free too by using dairy free chocolate chips. Enjoy!
⅓ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup coconut sugar
⅓ cup coconut oil
5 tbsp earth balance
⅔ cup almond flour
⅓ cup brown rice flour
⅓ cup cacao powder
½ + ⅛ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp xanthan gum
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
⅓ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375⁰ Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric beater, cream together the brown sugar, coconut sugar, coconut oil and earth balance. Add the egg and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, brown rice flour, cacao powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Use a spoon to drop dough onto cookie sheets. I used about 2 tbsp of dough for each cookie, which makes a large cookie. For smaller cookie, use about 1 tbsp of dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving.