Carrot cake is delicious and you can’t deny it. I had a brainstorm to make these raw carrot cake truffles one day because it occurred to me that dates go perfectly with all of the typical carrot cake ingredients. I mean who am I kidding, dates go perfectly with everything. These truffles make the perfect treat – they’re healthy enough to eat for a snack, but they taste like a dessert. They are gluten free, dairy free, paleo, vegan, you name it. Plus, you can throw them together in the blink of an eye. I think the outside coating is the perfect touch that really brings these truffles to the next level. Even though the outside is just coconut butter and agave, it tastes so decadent. I like it because it’s sort of reminiscent of white chocolate, but not sicky-sweet and way healthier.
7 medjool dates
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
¼ cup walnuts
⅛ cup toasted shredded coconut
⅛ tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp ginger
⅛ tsp nutmeg
¾ cup coconut butter
2-3 Tbsp agave
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend dates, walnuts, coconut, and spices until fairly smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Roll pieces of the mixture into bite-size balls.
- Melt the coconut butter and agave together.
- Dip the balls in the mixture and refrigerate until the coating is hard and the truffles are chilled through.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in the fridge.